Homemade Banana Bread
It’s Friday lunchtime and what a better way to finish the week than with a tasty slice of home made banana bread? . In fact it’s so delicious we thought we would share this quick and easy recipe with you. (It tastes even better with a good old cup of tea!)
Original recipe found on allrecipes banana bread.
Serves: 12 but for greedy piggies (like us) serves 6!
- 150g (5 oz) caster sugar
- 50g (2 oz) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons water
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 200g (7 oz) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
Prep:15min › Cook:55mins › Ready in:1hr10min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4. Grease loaf tin with a small amount of softened butter.
- In a bowl, beat the sugar and butter until smooth and creamy. Beat in the eggs, water and bananas with the sugar mixture until well blended.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt until the mixture is moistened. Scraping the sides of the bowl to blend all ingredients.
- Bake for about 55 minutes. Bread is ready when the top is firm to the touch and a golden brown colour. Time may vary according to oven type and the size of your loaf.
- Removed banana bread from oven, allow it to cool for 10 minutes, then remove bread from tin and let cool on a wire rack.
- Enjoy with a good old cup of tea, nom nom!